Saturday, November 18, 2006

Waltzing Mathilda

The show has opened and I am thrilled. We had two reviewers come for preview. That was somewhat unfortunate because we had a couple of technical glitches to work out. But at least they came. Opening was just about sold out and the whole production from the acting to the lights to the sound and even a few changes on the set, came together and were nearly flawless. It's a little sad. I have been traveling this journey with Alex and John and Jeff and Leslie for weeks now and for me it's pretty much finished. I poured my heart into this show. I will be there for every performance that my schedule allows. No matter how many times I see this show, I am always awed by the work that the actors are doing. They are the best.

 

The Baltimore Waltz

Pear Avenue Theatre
November 17-December 3, 2006

This funny/rueful exploration of brotherly (and sisterly) love fancifully re-imagines the real-life story of Paula Vogel and her late brother. This wonderfully inventive play shows how love triumphs over such foes as Acquired Toilet Syndrome, bigotry, mortality and other things that go bump in the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment