Thursday, August 24, 2006

Jesus Christ has been Nailed to His Aluminum Cross for the Last Time

As they say, "all things must end". It was quite an experience to be part of such a magical production. This is the first time I have ever been in the cast of a show in which audiences lined up to get their names on the waiting list. Seats were sold out weeks in advance. Nightly, I would see people leave the theatre stunned, in tears or with looks of shock on there faces or just as often smiling in joy. If I were one to believe in such things, I might believe that our show was divinely inspired. But I'm not, so I guess it was just the love and dedication of every single person in the cast and crew that made this production of Jesus Christ Superstar the memory of a lifetime. From Lisa's inspired direction, to Gus' wild rock band to Shannon's seamless choreography and to all twenty eight performers total commitment, this show was as perfect and as raw as theatre can be. I am forever grateful for having been given the chance to be a part of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment