Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Nominations List | 78th Annual Academy Awards | Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences


The Oscar nominations are in. As usual I have hardly seen any of these movies yet. They are all on my Netflix list, though. The nominies for best picture are.....

"Brokeback Mountain” (Focus Features)
A River Road Entertainment Production
Diana Ossana and James Schamus, Producers

“Capote” (UA/Sony Pictures Classics)
An A-Line Pictures/Cooper’s Town/ Infinity Media Production
Caroline Baron, William Vince and Michael Ohoven, Producers

“Crash” (Lions Gate)
A Bob Yari/DEJ/Blackfriar’s Bridge/ Harris Company/ApolloProscreen GmbH & Co./Bull’s Eye Entertainment Production
Paul Haggis and Cathy Schulman, Producers

“Good Night, and Good Luck.” (Warner Independent Pictures)
A Good Night Good Luck LLC Production
Grant Heslov, Producer

“Munich” (Universal and DreamWorks)
A Universal Pictures/DreamWorks Pictures Production
Kathleen Kennedy, Steven Spielberg and Barry Mendel, Producers


The only one I've seen is "Crash". It was a very good movie. It reminded me a lot of "Magnolia". It pieced together seemingly unconnected stories and wove them together into a statement about racism. It was a good movie, but it won't be one of those movies that stick with you in your psyche for the next thirty years. I am thinking of movies like "The Godfather" or "From Here to Eternity" or "The Wizard of Oz". I don't think we have any of those on the list this year. Of course, I haven't seen them, so what the hell am I talking about?

My money is on "Brokeback Mountain" to win easily. It's probably the best cow poke movie ever made.

Oh, I am a gay caballero,
I went to see a medico,
Going from Rio de Janeiro
Exceedingly fine medico............




Nominations List | 78th Annual Academy Awards | Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences

No comments:

Post a Comment